[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - 4th Edition now announced!

4th Edition now announced!

Jaren's personal playground for Dragon Magazine erratta

Moderator: Boric Glanduum

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:09 pm

Yeah, I know you can't judge a book by its cover and all that.... For the 4E books, it's probably a good thing.
You can see them --they're interspersed through the first 3 pages of the interview (which I have yet to read, actually). I'm hoping these are just proposed covers. If they're real? Ugh.
WotC really needs to get away from this artist (Wayne Reynolds) who has done some of the WORST Dragon covers ever produced. All of his stuff has too much of a Manga feel.

Cross your fingers.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Thanks. I thought of that myself, but I still can't read for long, so I'll still reserve judgement... lol
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:58 pm

"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Boric Glanduum » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Boric Glanduum

`

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:00 pm

Boric Glanduum

Postby Boric Glanduum » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:17 pm

Boric Glanduum

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:46 pm

I've seen a LOT of discussions lately about possible conversion guides for those who either wish to keep playing 3.5 but using 4E materials or for those ready to move their campaigns into 4E. Here's the kernels that I've gleaned from the discussions:

From what we've been told by WotC so far, the 4E rules will be so incompatible with what's gone before that it has been advised that any ongoing campaigns should be ended and new 4e campaigns started.
From all indications, some of the mechanics will be so different as to make converting old campaigns and materials to new 4e will be extremely difficult--if not nearly impossible--to do.
Most of the estimates I've seen are convinced that a conversion guide just would not be possible.
Boric Glanduum

Previous

Return to The Dragon's Lair