[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - PBEM Journal notes -- November 2007

PBEM Journal notes -- November 2007

Character only applicatons accepted - Archive for now

PBEM Journal notes -- November 2007

Postby Boric Glanduum » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:39 pm

November 2007 (PBEM)

It has been many months since I took up my pen to record our doings. Much has happened. The frenzy of battle, first at Mitrhal Hall, then at the assault on Tueveamanthar, made it difficult to justify taking the time to keep an accurate record of our deeds. I will let the bards keep those tales; while they embellish our actions and employ exaggeration as an art, there seems little need to repeat the truth--it would, after all, be ignored.

The same is true concerning the mundane nature of the intervening months. We have worked hard to keep the Forest and our small fort as Turlang would have us keep them. Much of what we have done is recorded in the books and notes of the Fort; the clerical information, the finances, and the political wrangling do not warrant repetition here. (Plus, this book was misplaced during the frenzied months; I have only just found it mixed in with Dettrick’s histories. But others need not know of this.)

Besides, most of what we have had to do was by instinct. Now that I need to take the time to argue and reason with myself I once again take up my pen and parchment to set forth my thoughts. ‘Tis a trick taught me by Master Delias--“One can often only see all the facets if you work the stone yourself,â€
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Return to Campaign Journals - Silver Marches Campaign