[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - phBB2 upgrade to phBB3

phBB2 upgrade to phBB3

Any information/requests regarding the Bullitin board itself

Moderator: Greylen

phBB2 upgrade to phBB3

Postby Greylen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:29 pm

Hey gang, over the next couple weeks, I will be upgrading our BB to version 3 of the software. Using version 3, I will be able to do a lot more, including setting it up as an RSS feed.

So be patient if you can't get in over the next while... it'll be worth it in the end. :D
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:22 am

Thanks for doing this. I'm sure we will all be benefited by it.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 pm

No!

In the words of Veruca Salt, "I want it NOW. I want it RIGHT NOW!"

:D :D :D

Remember to back it up.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Just Rob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:18 pm

So, do you need any assistance (other than that most rare of commodities - time) to execute this upgrade?
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:32 am

:lol: you hit the nail on the head... TIME... I need more TIME. :)

I have everything downloaded, the new filesystem built so I can load concurrently and I just haven't had time to do the actual upgrade.

I should have some more time next week. Once it's up, I ought to make you an administrator Rob... then you can go crazy setting stuff up. :D
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:36 am

Lorin,

If you wouldn't be too uncomfortable sharing your administrator information with me, I would like to take on the BBS upgrade project for us. I am hoping that a more recent version might have some better features with notifying us graphically or e-mail/SMS/newsfeed that might help those who wish to use those features to be better able to keep up with new content. I know it takes time to do any upgrade of anything software related, and that is one thing I have plenty of. I have done upgrades of various online systems before and can do a backup of the existing file structure before any patch updates are made so we can do a restore from backup if anything goes bad.

Let's be prepared to discuss this at lunch or some other time if you feel comfortable doing it.

I'm all about making other people's lives easier when possible. I hope this volunteering of my time may result in some needed help to make a system that already works good into one that works great.
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Return to Bullitin Board News