[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Star Trek

Star Trek

By the request of Boric... blah blah. :) Movies, movies and more movies. Discuss them all.

Moderator: Greylen

Star Trek

Postby Boric Glanduum » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:09 pm

"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby TheDM » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:09 pm

TheDM
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 am

Many many thanks, Rob, for the gifted DVD. I owe you BIG time. Watched it Saturday night (when I should have been in bed preparing for my brutally-early and brutally-long Sunday) and my adrenaline is still pumping.

I'm one of those fans who love the OS. To me, that IS Star Trek, although TNG is a close second. However, I'm also one of those fans that can appreciate/tolerate other actors in the classic roles. For example, take Hamlet: it's a classic role--Olivier, Brannagh, and Gibson have all played it.... they all have their different takes, and different styles, but they're all Hamlet.

That's how I see Kirk, Spock, etc. I've seen some good fan-films with great production values. Now this movie. I've enjoyed them all. They manage to evoke just enough of the classic, but manage to make the characters their own. I would very willingly watch a weekly series with these characters.

My brother, on the other hand, is a die-hard OS fan. There IS no other Star Trek. He has proclaimed he would never watch this film because it is an abomination and a travesty to have other actors assume these roles.

Maybe I'm not as much of a purist? Maybe my mind is too open? Either way, I loved this movie. So, Rob? Thanks again.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Ghostwheel » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Not to mention Karl Urban channeling DeForest in his first and every scene!!!
Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Postby Zanther » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Hey I liked it. Can't wait for the next one.
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Return to Movies Discussion