[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - D&D the Movie - Moved from Player Central

D&D the Movie - Moved from Player Central

By the request of Boric... blah blah. :) Movies, movies and more movies. Discuss them all.

Moderator: Greylen

D&D the Movie - Moved from Player Central

Postby Greylen » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Moved Post for Boric...

So...I'm not sure that this is the proper forum, but I couldn't find anything else that fit just right (same with the post on NWN2).... Lorin: if you have any other idea, let me know.... Perhaps we need another section just for games and movies...

But as this one is moderately game-related, here goes:

So I realize that I'm the only one in the group that could stand to watch the D&D movie more than once--and yes, I picked up my own DVD copy from the bargain bin to do so...but then to me, Godzilla movies are high-class entertainment too! :oops:
But I also found a cheap copy of the second (yes they made more) D&D movie: Wrath of the Dragon God. It takes place 100 years later and the only character in common is Damodar, who now is an undead sorceror type (I'd call him a lich, but he was cursed to undeath by the wizard in the first movie and his powers are granted by a mysterious orb) who wants to awaken an ancient black dragon that is trapped within a mountain near the city of Ismer.

Anyway....I was duly impressed. I think they redeemed themselves with this one. (OK, OK, it wasn't LOTR of course, but still--dialogue was better than George Lucas can do!) They actually had people involved from WotC helping with the story, script, etc., and had someone help the actors learn from the PHB and DMG what their characters' backgrounds, motivations, etc. would be.

In other words: it felt like D&D.

I'd recommend it (if you can find it cheap) for a viewing or two.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Return to Movies Discussion