[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Tron Legacy

Tron Legacy

By the request of Boric... blah blah. :) Movies, movies and more movies. Discuss them all.

Moderator: Greylen

Tron Legacy

Postby Ghostwheel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:16 pm

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/tronlegacy/

pleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuckpleasedon'tsuck
Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Postby Just Rob » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

So far, I'm in the itlookssocool!!!! camp. I feel the trailer mitigates in a few ways --

Positive: Capt. Sheridan is doing plot exposition! Long live the Vorlons!

Negative: You want us to believe that some old arcade building is going to be left vacant so it can get dust and cobwebs from 20 years of just sitting there after the owner departs for parts unknown? What, there are no real estate brokers or evil judicial types to covet and cut loose devalued prime real estate left without an estate to run it anymore? Please!

Positive: Graphics look totally kick-***

Negative: Who is this guy they have as Flynn's son looking into his disappearance? Doesn't seem to be tied in to anything from the original TRON (wondering why this guy got cast - doesn't seem the right age?? Doesn't seem to be anything to really look forward to in him - why bet the farm on him performing/not-measuring-up when he's not really going to be the draw with all the original actors coming back to bring us geek-types back to see what they've done with the show?)

Enough tea-leaf reading. I am really looking forward to this. I repeat Joel's mantra with him, but so far, am more thinking it will not suck if what they've shown us is any indication. We will definitely need to plan to have a group pilgrimage when December gets closer to see together for ourselves.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:46 am

I'll join the mantra... Tron was one of those movies you talked about for a long time after you saw it... and certain phrases never left you. ('Greetings Programs') :D I also loved the way it left you with the view of the big city looking like the Tron world. Pretty deep. ;)

It certainly will be interesting to see more of the teasers as it gets closer to the release date, but so far all I can say is "Heck yeah!!" . I hadn't seen the new teaser and it rocks.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Ghostwheel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Anyone up for a IMAX showing on 12/18? Tickets about to go on sale for the Jordan Landing location on State and 94th south.
Ghostwheel

Postby Just Rob » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 pm

I think you mean Jordan Commons, and yeah, I think I could be talked into it!
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:21 pm

I'd be willing to do the midnight showing on this one, but the later is fine too. What were you thinking? :D
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Ghostwheel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Jordan Commons, yes. thanks.
We usually try for the first showing on the Saturday after the Friday madness. Buy them online with the reserved seating and sit in the upper balcony in the first row. with the reserved seating, you can show up with enough time to get your grub and sit down without any lines.
Ghostwheel

Postby Just Rob » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:42 pm

I can see the midnight showing available, but nothing later. Does anyone know when the Saturday tickets will show up and be able to be purchased?
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Ghostwheel » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:23 pm

Tickets are on sale now!!!
If anyone wants to join Troy, Sara, Mandi and I we are on the balcony front row for Saturday 12/18 11am showing.
Ghostwheel

Postby Greylen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 pm

We have our tickets... at least Zach and I. I don't think that Jenn and Kaitlynn will be going to this one. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:58 pm

Sarah, Joylynn and I will be coming. Just got the tickets. Didn't get the very front row in the balcony, but the one just behind it, so we'll be in the vicinity. Looking forward to seeing you all and, more importantly, the movie. :happy1:
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Return to Movies Discussion