[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - The Ultimate D&D Movie

The Ultimate D&D Movie

By the request of Boric... blah blah. :) Movies, movies and more movies. Discuss them all.

Moderator: Greylen

The Ultimate D&D Movie

Postby Just Rob » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:27 pm

I just finished watching a Netflix play online movie called The Gamers: Dorkness Rising. It apparently came out in 2008 but probably saw limited release. I don't remember seeing anything about it, but then again, my memory of such things isn't at its highest, so I thought I would share some observations.

First, it is spot-on D&D. Second, it is totally hilarious. They apparently got permission from WOTC and Steve Jackson games (Munchkin, etc.) for permission to use game stuff, so the realism and references to the original game systems is totally there. But it is a total parody and the play off of the dorkness of guys (mostly) who play D&D comes across loud and clear. I would like to recommend it to all of you and see what your reaction is.

If you watch it, make sure to watch through the credits. They have a gag reel playing and the scenes they show in it are almost better than the movie itself. It is worth sitting through to the end.

If you want details, here are some links:

Info on the movie itself is on IMDB at
The movie can be watched online at Netflix at
The movie can be added to your Netflix queue at

You have to post up what you think of it if you spend the time watching it. Including credits, total run time is something like 1:43 (h:mm). Enjoy!
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Laughed my head off!

Postby TheDM » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm

I kept having to pause it until I could stop laughing!
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Just Rob » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm glad it's not just me then!
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Return to Movies Discussion