How to train your dragon

By the request of Boric... blah blah. :) Movies, movies and more movies. Discuss them all.

Moderator: Greylen

How to train your dragon

Postby Just Rob » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:59 pm

No, this isn't combat training for another foray into dragon mountain! I speak instead of the movie "How to Train your Dragon." If you haven't gone to see this yet with your loved ones, I highly recommend it. I took Joylynn back to see it after having taken the kidlings to it on spring break because I found it so beautiful and touching that just mom and dad could really appreciate it. The computer animation is excellent and the textures of the locations and materials that make up the subject matter were excellently modeled. But it is the interplay between characters that make this movie so enjoyable - that and some great musical scoring at just the most appropriate moments. The visual imagery is stunning and at times even mind-blowing. The expressions on some of the dragons faces - not so much, but still enjoyable to watch anyway. The storyline of the young man who is fighting against his clan's history in working with a dragon to learn how to fly with it after it gets shot down doesn't really get done justice by the title of the movie or the previews. But if you haven't seen this, hurry while it is still in theaters and watch it with those who you feel can most appreciate a sentimental, expressive storytelling festival that could come right out of the book it was written in and makes for a great evening (or afternoon) of movie-going. I highly recommend it.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: out of 4
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Return to Movies Discussion