[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Aragon outting

Aragon outting

By the request of Boric... blah blah. :) Movies, movies and more movies. Discuss them all.

Moderator: Greylen

Aragon outting

Postby Greylen » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:04 pm

Hey guys,

I am taking Zachary to see Aragon at 3:00 PM on Saturday, at the new Cineplex Sandy 16.

If any of you want to come as well, it would be fun to have you there.

This was a last minute thought and I've already picked up the tickets so that's when we're going regardless. :P

Catch ya'll later.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:49 pm

A movie review:

The movie itself was visually a very good movie. The cgi was superb and the wide angle flying shots across beautiful scenery was spectacular.

That said, there were obvious plot holes, some of the characters were WHO are they and why should I care about them and sudden shift in time that did not flow well.

A LOTR this was not. but I would still recommend this movie for any of you to see with your kids. They will love it and you will still enjoy it.

:)

PS Zachary gave this movie a huge two thumbs up...
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:37 am

Thanks for the review I was going to see it this weekend but ended up doing the bulk of my Christmas shopping. It looks good on TV but one never knows these days.
Zanther

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:25 pm

How'd it compare to the book?
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:54 pm

Haven't read the book, so no preconceived notions about what it should and shouldn't have.

However, my nephew, who is a stickler for details, was very disapointed in how much the show jumped around with the time-line... so they must not have done a great job integrating some important plots.

The thing that puzzled me the most, and maybe it's just I'm spoiled by 3 hr LOTR movies, but this one seemed too SHORT. At an hour and 39 min., they could have packed a bunch more in it. :)

It was still a good show, though.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Another perspective

Postby Edynn » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:17 pm

Okay, I have read the books, but not had a chance to see the movie yet.

BUT... it came up as discussion with my family tonight

and they LOVED the movie and want to see it again.

My 15 year old nephew said, it was good... but it didn't follow the book at all, which he's read 5 times. So you could definitely see the movie without reading the book, and it was a great movie on it's own. But if you were going, and expecting the movie to follow the book, you would be very dissappointed.

So I went from I have to see this movie... to thinking, oh, maybe its a renter, back to, I want to see the movie... Don't know when, but I want to see the movie.

There you have it... anyone up for a movie???? :wink:
Edynn
Man-at-arms

Return to Movies Discussion