[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Next Hobbit Movie

Next Hobbit Movie

By the request of Boric... blah blah. :) Movies, movies and more movies. Discuss them all.

Moderator: Greylen

Next Hobbit Movie

Postby Greylen » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:49 pm

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Re: Next Hobbit Movie

Postby Just Rob » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:19 pm

We'd love to go with you, but that is kind of a late start time for a school/work night for the next day. We probably will need to beg off and go see it some time over the school holiday when Joylynn can get time off of work to go see it with the family and not be a zombie the next day from not enough sleep! @-)

Hope you have fun and maybe we'll go see it with you again after you've seen it on the early premier.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:41 pm

It is kind of a late night, but since only Zach and I are going, I figured he could handle it. I'm up until 1:00 AM most nights myself. :D :lol:

My email didn't work, and I ended up at a clients place until 3:00 PM today, so I missed getting them this afternoon. But I'll be going tomorrow.

Let me know when you're going again, Rob, and I'll see if I can squeeze it in as well. I can tell already I'm going more than once again. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 am

OK, ended going to the sneak peek after all, since all the good seats were taken at any of the other times we could go... :lol:

SO, I'm not sure I want to see it again, except as a part of the full set.

I'm not going to post any spoilers, yet, ;) but the special effects were amazing, the story was somewhat true to the book (no spoilers) and the ending will have you screaming foul... BUT we knew this one was kind of a go-between. A filler for the beginning and ending where things go from dark to darker, to darkest.

Extremely violent, PLEASE don't take your younger children. The spiders alone will give them nightmares for weeks. Some very cool fighting moves by the dwarves, though, which led to our favorite part of the movie. (think whirling dervish and you'd be close)

All-in-all, guys, It's a great, solid middle section of a trilogy that will only wet your appetite for the third installment. Just as it should. :)

Sorry if this was a little rambling, but sleep has eluded me for a few days and I'm feeling the effects. :(( #-o :lol:

Ya'll take care.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Return to Movies Discussion