[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - XP and Cleanup from Tomb Campaign

XP and Cleanup from Tomb Campaign

Anything that doesn't belong to a specific forum for Players

XP and Cleanup from Tomb Campaign

Postby Greylen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Re: XP and Cleanup from Tomb Campaign

Postby Greylen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Theylan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:22 am

that was totally awesome
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Theylan » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:32 pm

okay I found the stat block on the harp and I can't actually use it. I'll try and find a substitute.. I don't have enough ranks in perform
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Watching the zeal with which Torrelon worked with Varkos to upgrade and improve our new mansion, and helpless to provide any additional expertise, I felt impelled to add a touch of my own. Perhaps something that also showed my respect and friendship to my comrades-in-arms. It took me most of a full day to find and visit a fine jeweler in Calimsport.

I decided to go for quality, rather than economy, and so traveled to the Jewel Ward to Lupalidah, the home of the Jewelers Guild. Castus traveled with me, as none of us feel entirely secure on our own in this city, with its various cesspits and unseen dangers. Upon entering the Lupalidah, I could sense a bit of skepticism as the clerks and crafters saw a dwarf enter their establishment. I must confess, Castus's magnificent armor with its majestic trimmings helped improve their mood. His flowery speech did not hurt my cause; neither did my open purse.

I unrolled a length of cloth, in which I had wrapped sixteen jewels—four each of diamonds, emeralds, rubies, and black pearls, all small ones but beautiful—and a bit of platinum. "The task I have for you may be a simple one for you, but is of great import to me. I would like four brooches of enameled mithril. Nothing ostentatious; simple, unassuming, but elegant all the same. I would like one to depict a greatsword, one a longsword, one a beer stein, and one...well, a human hand, partially fleshed, partially skeletal." The craftsman blanched a bit at that description. I merely shrugged and told him, "There's no accounting for taste, is there?" I waited for his nod, then continued.

"Each of the icons should be enclosed by a circle of platinum, with one of each of these gemstones set at the cardinal directions. Diamond on top, ruby to the west, emerald to the east, and the ebon pearl at the southern point." As I spoke, I sketched a quick example with my finger in the velvet cloth on the countertop.

The craftsman nodded. "We can do this, simply and elegantly. You want them no more than this size, I assume?" He held his fingers about an inch apart and I nodded my approval. "At that size, and with most of the materials provided to us? I would say they would be ready in...five days?"

I stepped back and allowed Castus to negotiate a price, which task he concluded rapidly and in our benefit: 450gp apiece—a 200gp total savings. He also wrangled two days off the quoted time. We thanked the craftsman and left to return home.

Expecting to rest for a week as the renovations began on our home, three days passed quickly. It was a quicker journey back to the Lupalidah and back. Entering the mansion, I went to my rooms to cast four quick spells: one on each pin. I then went to find my colleagues still at luncheon. I grabbed a spoon and pounded on my waiting mug of fine ale, bellowing: "My friends, my friends...may I have your attention for a moment?"

All eyes on me, I continued. "My friends, it is a custom among my people to celebrate a spectacular and glorious death. Even more is celebrated an heroic and epic escape from a glorious death! A-hah!" They joined in my laugh. "So first, a toast: To the four of us...the first to enter and traverse the Tomb of Horrors...and LIVE to tell the tale! Huzzah!" I followed this with a long pull at my mug. Cheers echoed through the room, followed by a long moment of drinking.

"Secondly...in keeping with the modifications to our home, I wish to present you each with a small token of my esteem and respect for each of you." I paused to dig four small velvet envelopes out of my belt. Glancing into each one, I passed three around the table and kept one for myself. "Open them, my friends. Open them!" Another long drink. I looked around, smiling, as I saw the pins slide into my friends' hands. The greatsword into Torrelon's hand; into Castus's hand fell the longsword, while Samnor found himself holding the semi-skeletal hand. I removed the beer stein from my envelope and pinned it to my cloak.

"Each of these has been blessed by Hanseath. They are each keyed to the transportation circle here in our home. You simply need to touch them and speak one word: Ultok. This is the Dwar word for a 'coming together.' Doing this will send you immediately back to the transportation circle, to refuge, and to healing, among other things. Each pin only has one blessing upon it, but can be touched by Hanseath's power again."

I raised my mug one more time. "To us, my friends. To our health, to our continued success. And to our Gods: Hanseath, Elistraee, Heironeous, and Mystra. And, Samnor, to Death...or Undeath, as it may be." And with that, I drained my mug and sat to eat.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Well written Jaren and reminds me... Jared, would you please post a separate topic with the mansion details!? I did not write them down, since you had them and want to be sure we have a backed up record in case your paper is lost. :(( :))
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Theylan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:09 pm

I'll post the mansion piece when I edit this. Jaren that was awesome. Question, are we leveling up after Saturday?
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:02 pm

I was hoping you would finish that adventure so we could level and wrap up in-between, BUT you didn't and there is too much carnag...er, chaos in your immediate future to do either. :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

So be thinking about it, but don't do it just yet.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Return to General Information