[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - New Cormyr Campaign

New Cormyr Campaign

Anything that doesn't belong to a specific forum for Players

New Cormyr Campaign

Postby Theylan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:46 pm

Everyone,

Here is the skinny on the new campaign.

The new characters need to be 4th level. Which means 6000 XP and 5400 GP.

Same rules for rolling up the characters as my silver marches campaign. i.e. you can roll 5d6 discard the lowest die you can only roll once for each attribute and you can swap attribute scores among the abilities. You can reroll all scores if the ability scores don’t equal or exceed 32 points under the point buy system.

I’m going to list certain abilities/classes that are going to be crucial and some that will be helpful. Please post what class you are going to play because I need to get you some tie in background stories for you to either write for your background or that are pertinent to the campaign. You get two RP’s for writing background stories. You can pick any class from the core books, the complete books, and PHB II and miniatures book
Dungeoneering.

You can get feats from any of the books listed above. Excepting 1 feat which is the leadership feat. Sorry, just too many pieces on the board some times, I may change my mind by the time you reach 6th level however.
There will be a mix of dungeon crawling, Forest battles, Planes travel

Crucial Abilities/Classes: (read won’t survive without way of dealing with this)
Balance/Jump/tumble = dealing with rough terrain
Divine Spell Casting = Healing

Helpful Abilities/Classes in order of importance:
Arcane Spellcaster- any

Warrior Classes (2 recommended) – Swashbuckler, Monk, Ranger (trap expert if no Rogue types), fighter (see crucial List)

Trap Finding-any
Bardic Knowledge- Bard or Loremaster PRC
Turn undead.

Please post your selection soon so I can get you the tie in information. Thanks
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:03 pm

OK. I'll take the plunge first.

Here are my preferences (at least at first thought), in order of preference:
(1) Cleric
(2) Rogue
(3) Paladin
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Theylan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:52 pm

post the race too please since it will have some play into the background tie ins. I know Jaren you're a dwarf.

the following books are off limits
Cormyr
Shadowdale
Anarauch

you can pick things ie feats, spells, etc. from other books but just run it by me first the approved list are the books I'm familiar with enough to give a blanket approval.
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Jared, as I discussed with you, I'm going to try the Mystic Theurge route. It will be a bit tough at first, but may pay off in the end... we'll see I suppose.

Race: Elf or Half-elf

Starting Class: Cleric. 3rd, Mage: 1st. I will determine the exact classes as I have time to look through the different books. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Ok, I have not given this much thought as of yet. But just to get something out there, i'll toss out these classes for me.

1- Ranger
2- Sorcerer or other type of mage
3- Rogue
4- Bard

These are just off the top of head. May have to check out some other options.

Race will depend on Class. May throw in a halfling or gnome just to see what would happpen.
Zanther

Postby Just Rob » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:45 pm

I've rolled up a char for the campaign - 4th level dwarf monk. Yeah, I know it sounds like a contradiction in terms, but this little bugger is going to be fast! Let me know if you have any concerns/questions.

I have one for you - could you make the gp 5500? I am off by only 100 gp for those good ol' boots of striding and springing.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Fun! I think there are some great new character/class combos. :)

Scott, you ought to take that new trap-disabling Ranger class. You're a sneaky SOB, but love to get in a good fight... best of both worlds. ;) :lol:
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:25 pm

I'm going to start rolling up a number of different characters and wait and see what everyone else would like to play. I am thinking of playing something different so if anyone would like to play the ranger this time around feel free, if not I could alway do it.
Zanther

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Cool, Rob. I have toyed for YEARS with the idea of a Dwarven monk, but have never had the cojones to actually try it.
You do realize, of course, that as the new dwarf in the party, you will be the brunt of a lot of "short and stinky" jokes.

I'm just warning you in advance.

Welcome to the hairy side, brother.

Scotty: Just from my perspective, I'd like to see you have what you want, not what you get "stuck" with. Just take the plunge, man, and we'll fill in the blanks after you!

And for whatever it is worth, from my original list I'm narrowing in on Dwarven Paladin. That frees up Cleric for Lorin and Rogue for Scotty (if he wants it). However, if no-one else wants Rogue, I'm still open to it. (Maybe once the paladin gets killed off by this guy->
:diabloanifire:

Oops... Maybe I wasn't supposed to reveal that part.....
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Zanther » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:24 am

what about you Joel? Any ideas on character class?
Zanther

Postby Ghostwheel » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:17 pm

I'll take point with the Rogue unless Scott wants it. will have to review race, but the mortality rates for elves needs some more numbers.
Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Postby Just Rob » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:11 pm

"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Zanther » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Zanther

Postby Greylen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:23 am

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:41 am

Lorin:
Essential differences --
(1) Clerics make things get better.
(2) Mages make things go boom.

<grin>
Boric Glanduum

Next

Return to General Information