[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Permanent projector

Permanent projector

Anything that doesn't belong to a specific forum for Players

Permanent projector

Postby Just Rob » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Hey, guys: we have discussed the idea of a permanent projector for the game room several times, but the experience of having to mount the thing this last time crystallized the issue for me. If it would be possible for us to get a low-cost projector and just leave it up there without having Lorin have to take out the family one every time I think is worth some serious consideration. Do we have an idea of what the minimum cost is for a low-frequency-use projector that would fulfill our needs? Once known, we could get an idea of who is able to participate in splitting the cost as an investment in our long-term emotional well-being (sounds good to the wife?!?):roll: and see what each person's share would be.

I'd like to invite discussion. Can we get serious about considering this as a group (especially if it is only the cost of three or four WOTC books!)?
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:41 pm

I think it's a great idea, Rob... lol. But realistically, the last time I looked, it will cost between $400-$500 for a projector worth anything... they have low cost projectors, but we're talking 400X600 resolution and terrible lumins.

If anyone can find one for less, I'm all for it. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:46 pm

OK guys, I think I am going to purchase this projector and see what it does for us... I am leary of taking the main projector up and down, especially with it's cracked case... :lol: This one looks like it will do the job, we'll see.

Anything anyone can do to chip in would be great.

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Like with EXP, divvy up the cost and let us know what our equal share would be.

I did notice that it only has composite connectors, so I don't know how good the resolution will be coming from a PC connection. Also, the resolution was a little on the low side (approx. 900x200) and the reviews said the room needs to be completely dark to see (do you happen to have a dimmer installed for the lights in the game/work room? If not, would that be possible/practical?), so it will be interesting to see how well it meets our needs, but for the price, it may just be worth it. I guess it will all come down to the performance.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:57 am

Yeah, like with the shadow-realm campaign, we may need to use the corner lamp, instead of the ceiling lights. With the cost, it's worth a try. I am looking to see if i can find it locally at the moment.

Just in case... :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Just how big is this thing? The pictures make it look quite bulky; is that going to cause a focusing problem, being closer to the table than the current projector?
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 am

It's really not that big. Plus it's light enough we can secure it with the bands to the ceiling arm. The only issue will be the clarity and brightness... if it will be 'good enough' for our purposes. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Return to General Information