[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Fiery Sanctum Recap

Fiery Sanctum Recap

Anything that doesn't belong to a specific forum for Players

Fiery Sanctum Recap

Postby Greylen » Sun May 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Re: Fiery Sanctum Recap

Postby Greylen » Sun May 13, 2018 5:21 pm

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Sun May 13, 2018 8:16 pm

I remember getting enough experience from you to qualify for another level, although finding when and how I can accomplish the leveling will be the question to be answered either on game night or before if you (Lorin) can give us some idea of whether we can qualify to cash in on our acquired XP anytime soon or if it will just stay a numeric level and not a true level for a while.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Tue May 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Sadly, unless you can find a way to stop time, you cannot rest until you stop the ritual, since you have no idea how long it will take to complete.

SO, your gained levels will remain numbers only, until you finish this quest. :D
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Theylan » Thu May 17, 2018 9:34 am

That was brilliant by the way. I will make the adjustments to my available spells and i'll hang on to Torrellon for the future :D Just an FYI, I will probably be a little late on game night. I will be attending a viewing for a lady in our ward that afternoon. looking forward to it. :ymparty:

Just a clarification. I lost 1/3 of my spells at each level to I have 2/3. So If I had 6 spells at a level I'm left with 4 correct? so I should do what you suggested by dividing my spells by 3, round down and then subtract that from my max spells at each level correct?
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Yes, that is correct. So if you have 2 or less spells on a level, you don't lose any. 3-5 you lose 1, 6+ you lose 2. I was going to randomize it on game night, but since you're a sorcerer, it really didn't matter. :lol:

Understood on the viewing.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Thu May 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Oh, and two other quick matters.

One, here is a list of the items on Dcrhini's body:

1 Full Plate (Dwarf size) +3
1 Gauntlets of Ogre Power +4
1 Ring of Protection +3
1 Spiked Chain +2 (Cold Iron, Stunning Surge)
2 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds
2 Scrolls Cause Critical Wounds

Two, Jared, I will leave the time frame of how long you were imprisoned up to you. The Cagewrights have been planning, testing and building this ritual for tens, if not hundreds, of years. The test to create a stable, direct link to the planes of the Abyss could have been one of the first, or just the first successful one.

So if you have time, you can write up a backstory from any era in Faerun. Based on what you come up with, it could affect what happens AFTER you all complete the quest... provided ya'll survive. [-o< :-ss :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Thu May 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Since it is the only thing I can use, I'd like to call dibs on the Ring of Protection +3 and give up my +2 Ring to whoever wants it. One AC point could make a difference in a tough battle! ~x(
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Theylan » Fri May 25, 2018 4:26 pm

Adventurers come, always they come. It’s as if the dead god Karsus calls them from his stone tomb encasing within the cliffs of the Dire Wood, or perhaps it’s the lure of the wonders held within Unicorn Run, or the riches held by the great green wyrm of star mount. We avoid them and watch from a distance. We are the ghosts of the petrified forest. Many think we are aberrations, we are just the Wild Elves of the white oak clan. Named such for the petrified white ash oaks that dot our landscape. We have aberrations of course, we hunt them, destroy them and protect the forest, our home. We like the adventurers though, at least those who respect the woods, those we let pass and collect their magic when they meet an untimely death. The others we provide the untimely death then collect their belongings. Our home is made along the valleys near the Star Mounts.
We collect these treasures and trade them along the Delimbiyr river with a merchant’s guild from the far city a Baldur’s gate. In the year of the reclamation of Ascalhorn, 1368 DR, Non-elves call it Hellgate Keep, news of its fall reached the major lands of Faerun and the adventurers came in droves hoping to find unclaimed wealth and magic. We the elves of the forest were too weak after the war to prohibit the infiltration. So we watched and claimed what the adventurers were unable to retain. So, it was 1369 DR, and I found myself along a passage known only to us that skirts the boundaries of the Dire Wood and Unicorn run when our caravan was attacked.
It was nearly dusk and I had climbed the height of a great oak a days travel north of the Delimbiyr. The roar of the Wyrm of Star Mount, Elaacrimalicros terrified our group and I ascended in hopes of identifying his direction. I had reached the pinnacle of the canopy when the alarm cry pierced my hearing. Dropping several levels I realized we were surrounded by a band of Duergar. I let the arrows fly in such a fury that eight of the dark dwarves fell before my location was discovered. All the wrath they could focus upon me came with such velocity I could naught but jump from limb to limb. It was a gambler’s endeavor and I could not shake the foe. In time, they had me wrapped in magic and bound in chords. I awoke sometime later on an altar, in these horrific surroundings, no forest greenery, no wooded brown, just the simple gray of stone and rock. My consciousness lasted but a moment when I felt myself shunted into a nothingness, a world between worlds. I could hear and see what was happening as if I were observing through a murky and muted pane, aware of things but forgotten by all except my own identity which refused to let go until I could be free of my captivity and redeem the fallen who were in my charge.
Forgive me, time is a flighty concept in the nothingness I’ve experienced. What day, month, and dare I ask year is it?
Theylan
Ranger

Return to General Information