[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Purpose of current situation

Purpose of current situation

Anything that doesn't belong to a specific forum for Players

Purpose of current situation

Postby Theylan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:07 pm

Okay a little birdie just informed/ reminded me that we are on a search and learn/ recon mission. Find out what is in the temple and then go back to Ramney and inform him. So I think we have like two doors to uncover and then get out of there, or arguably we can leave now as I think we found the main crux of this place the portal.
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:24 pm

Leave now?
What?!?

And give up my 20 XP additional that we're gonna get from the rest of the hobgoblins!??!??!
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Zanther » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:49 am

I suggest we at least finish exploring the top level of the temple, find any passages leading down etc. Then we can run away like scared little girl.
Zanther

Postby Boric Glanduum » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:21 pm

I volunteer the Bard to check out the portal in more detail. :diabloanifire:
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:29 pm

Agreed to the run away thing... I can take a few more hits, but mostly, I'll be sitting back and casting more spells. :twisted:

But our healer is almost out of healing... our 'c'mon hit me agin' damage=black-hole dwarf is at half and our mage is right in the way of the current attack.

Not good. I think we will be lucky to survive the current encounter with everyone intact.

So running-away is a great option... :D
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:15 pm

:whax: :diabloanifire: :whdat:

Now now, this is how you deal with monsters, the dwarven way. You have a sword or something, get it dirt.

I still think running away like a bunch of......elves(?) in the face of the enemy just will not do. Kill the bad guys in front of us, finish looking around up top, mit be something useful sitting around. then you can do your best Sir Robin imitation.
Zanther

Postby Greylen » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:56 am

Nice graphic combination, Scott! :lol:

That was what I meant, of course... I still think we may lose someone in this battle, but hey, no pain no gain, right... :P

(Come to me my pretty XP...)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:21 am

Well you are correct Lorin, we may lose someone. We almost lost someone during the last encounter. (two in fact) But that is a given for all encounters. :violent1:

I just want to make sure we have found out all we can on this like recon by force exercise. So far what have we learned....Hobgobins have camped out at the temple... Ok not that big a deal. We have found an operational "hell mouth" portal....this is very important. Anything else?

Now for some unanswered questions. Is anyone from the other side of the portal camped on this side? Who? Is anyone but a band of Hobgoblins working the area? Are there a 100 or a 100,000 Hobgoblins? Is the temple being re-activated? And by who? Is the cult of the Dragon (or its break off group) here?

I'm sure we can think of some more and I am sure we can't answer all of these questions, but we should try.
Zanther

Return to General Information