[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Magic Items

Magic Items

DM's General information area for all.

Moderators: TheDM, Boric Glanduum

Magic Items

Postby TheDM » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:27 pm

TheDM
Ranger

Wish List

Postby Theylan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:12 pm

Alteru
Ring of Xray vision 25,000 gp
Belt, Monks 13,000 gp
Amulet of Mighty Fists +2 24,000 gp
goggles of Night 12,000 gp

For Tari
Gloves of Dex +2 4,000 gp
Mighty comp longbow +3 str +1 magical 2,700
Efficient Quiver 1,800 gp
goggles of night 12,000 gp

Pretty please, pretty please :P
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:41 pm

Hmmmmm, here is my 'belated' wish list. Hopefully Ramney-Santa can still fill it. :D

Pilin:
Heward's Handy Haversack: 2,000 gp
Amulet of Natural Armor +3: 9,000 gp
Gauntlets of Ogre Power: 4,000 gp
Cloak of Resistance +3: 9,000 gp
Periapt of Wisdom +4: 16,000 gp
Scimitar +2: Unknown
2 Scroll of Permanency: 10,125 gp (or if Ramney can cast this himself. I want to make permanent Magic fang, greater on Aon and Speak with Animals on myself)

Any Healing potions he can spare. Any potions of Barkskin, etc. as well.

Aon:
Collar(amulet) of Mighty Fists +2: 24,000 gp
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Ramney Claus?

Postby Ghostwheel » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Corwin wish list:

Battleaxe (Holy) 8010 gp
Talisman of Pure Good unknown
Boots of Striding and Springing 5500 gp
Bag of Holding 1 2500 gp
Candle of Truth - 2 5000gp
Dragonhide Plate 3300 gp
Mythril Heavy Shield 1020 gp
Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Wow.

Postby TheDM » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:19 pm

Wow! Some of you must really think you've been really really good!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. But to give you something to understand where I am at with this.

The GP value each character should have using the guidelines in the DMG is 13K for a 6th level character. That's all encompassing.... So I'm going to stay fairly close to that... :roll:
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:35 am

Troy, you should always remember that when you ask for a WISH list, your going to get what we 'wish' we had... :lol:.

I know I didn't expect to get even half of my list, but if I didn't ask, I'd never know... ;) SO, here is my revised list, keeping in mind the current items I have.

Currently, the only magic item I have, since losing my Amulet of the Wolf, is Bracers of Armor +2 (4000 gp).

So, if I only have 13K, my choices would be:

Heward's Handy Haversack: 2,000 gp
Cloak of Resistance +2: 4,000 gp

I will give up any other item, if Ramney would be willing to cast Permemancy of Magic Fang, Greater on Aon, (She needs something to give her the ability to hit supernatural creatures) and 'Speak With Animals' on me.

Oh and if someone could enchant my current Masterwork Scimitar to a +1 weapon, that would be just peachy. :D

A little more in line with your thinking Troy?
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:26 pm

Based on what we have previously talked about, Troy:

Boots of Striding and Springing
Enhancements to my Greataxe of Throwing, Returning.

We have already discussed my GP level and rectifying that. We can discuss that further as well. :roll: :D
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

IT IS Christmas, RIGHT???

Postby Edynn » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:00 am

Heward’s Handy Haversack 2000 gp
Necklace of Fireballs III 4350 gp
Wand of Magic Missles 5th level- 50 charges 3750 gp
Headband of Intellect +2 4000 gp
Amulet of Natural Armor +2 8000 gp
Composite Longbow of Frost 2700 gp
Edynn
Man-at-arms

Postby Boric Glanduum » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:19 pm

Anyone want a Brooch of Shielding (1,500 GP) or a Necklace of Adaptation (9,000 GP)? I've been carrying these and would hate for them to go to waste.

Added to wish list:
Heward's Handy Haversack (2,000 GP)
Armbands of Might (4,100 GP)
Badge of Valor (1,000 GP)
Boot of Striding and Springing (5,500 GP)

also a question: what would it take to get an enhancement to my horn, to cast fear once per day when blown (like a horn of blasting or horn of fog)? Ugh...never mind....it's not a MW horn. :roll: :oops:
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

The Response..... Finally!

Postby TheDM » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:35 pm

After you have all retuned from the various locations.... Ramney birngs you all together and says:
"The Harpers need you at this time... even if they don't realize it yet..."

"The danger is even more than I suspected..." he says mostly to himself.

"Not only do the Harpers need you.. but I need you. I have brought the following items for you and give them to you if you will accept Harper orders and work for me." Ramney starts to empty things out of his Haversack and gives them to each of you. With the glaring exception of Barr. "I have something else for you." He says with a serious tone.

Turning to Alteru and Tari. "I did not know that you two had become involved and so I regret I have nothing to offer you at the moment. I also suspect that you may have other pressing concerns with the Drow in Cormanthor if I am not mistaken, and thus this mission may or may not be your prime concern?" Alteru and Tari stare blankly at him... After a moments uncomfortable pause... he continues.. "But be aware that you would be most welcome to join up with this cause, but it would be understood if you cannot."

Addressing all of you again, he states.
"I will not be able to accompany you as you are aware there are many dire events taking place right now that I am going to be needed to assist with, but you will be able to contact me through by brother the potion maker that you rescued, for which I might add my family is greatly appreciative of, but I will come back through here as I can."

"So... What say you? Will you accept this offer from an old Harper trying to do the right thing in the world?"

He looks at you all to see if you have agreement on this... and then breaks a smile and says... "Of course, any treasure you obtain in the course of this assignment is yours for the keeping."

Assuming that you agree to Ramney's offer read below.

Okay.... here are the results so far from the review of the wish lists.

Lorin:

Your current gp value is approx 4500 gp to start off based on the stuff Pilin already has. Starting from there

The Haversack +2000 gp running total 6500 gp
The Cloak of Resistance +2 4000 gp running total 10500 gp
+1 Magical enhancement to Scimitar 2000 gp running total 12500 gp
(2) Scrolls of Magic Fang, Greater 375 x2 =750 gp running total 13250 gp

OR

Magic Fang, Greater cast permanently on Aon = 8,425gp running total 12,875gp

The math behind that? per the DMG

10gp X level of spell (5th Magic fang, Greater is a 5th level spell) X Caster level (11th) per PHB pg. 260, the minimum caster level to put permanency on Magic fang, Greater is 11th.=550gp

PLUS the XP cost of 1500 XP. per the DMG an NPC will charge 5gp per XP point expended in casting a spell. 5x1500=7500 gp

PLUS 1 Scroll of Magic fang, Greater= 375 gp Totaling 8,525 gp

(Now the other option would be a Scroll of Permanency, but one of those costs 10,125 gp, so you can see that would be 14,625 gp in character wealth so that could work as well, seeing as Ramney isn't 11th level or above that would be the more likely option PLUS the cost of a scroll of Magic fang, Greater 375gp.... so it's a bit over the wealth cap but if you want it we can do it.)

Choose between those two options! Items or Permanency on Aon of Magic Fang, Greater. Choose wisely.

NEXT:

Joel:
Your current gp Value is 1500 gp... wow no wonder you are struggling. You need more stuff! Magic Stuff! So let's go over your wish list...

Battleaxe, Holy 8310 gp cost. (you forgot to add in MW cost of 300 gp in your list, and you can't have a magical enhancement on a non MW weapon) This nice little addition to our clanking cleric would grant a +2d6 damage to all of evil alignment... talk about putting the smackin smite down on evil baddies! :violent1: Good choice! you might even put up more damage than the fighters... and about time! Granted! running total 9,810 gp

Talisman of pure good... cost...? Well it's a minor ARTIFACT no less so no gp value is assigned to it. I think this ones a bit above your pay grade.. so DENIED. Thanks for playing... next!

Boots of Striding and Springing 5500 gp... well given that you have a base move speed of 20 (4 squares)... due to that heavy full plate mail and a stinky dex is it? This would at least allow you to keep pace with the rest of the party.... Granted! running total is= 15310 gp.. Now yes that is over the 13k, but you've been running under the wealth levels for quite awhile now so I'm going to be generous... Tempus has favored you this day.

As to the other things on the list...
Bag of Holding Denied.
You've got nothing to carry anyway...
Candle of Truth Denied.
What? Don't you trust your Sense Motive ranks?
Dragonhide Plate Denied
Ooo.. close one here. If you could've told me what color you wanted it might've happened. Besides you need to kill a few more dragons and you can probably have one made up in the future anyway... Not that you guys would believe me if I said there were going to be any more dragons...(Biiiig Dragon!!! :bootyshake: )
Mithril Heavy shield Denied
What and ruin that really nice clanking noise that alerts all the monsters to the party coming? Now that wouldn't work for me.... besides with the other items... you're outta cash anyway!

NEXT!

Sara: Now what do you give to the girl with the ring of DM control? Whatever she wants, of course! :P Okay... whatever she wants within the rules.... of course!

Okay... current gp value of Edynn is 2600 gp and I had you rank which ones on your list you wanted most and I was good with those choices so... in that order.

1 Headband of Intellect +2 4000 gp running total 6600 gp
2 Composite longbow of Frost 2700 gp running total 9300 gp
3 Wand of Magic Missiles (5th level) 3750 gp running total 13050 gp

Well we've gotten to the magic # and so everything else is a no go.

Denied on the Haversack... what've you got to carry anyway?
Denied on the necklace of fireballs.. you can cast your own anyways... right?
Denied on the Amulet of Natural Armor +2. I mean really... are you going to start mixing it up with the melee fighters? I doubt it!

NEXT!

Jared:
Alteru is already starting with a 9250 gp approx character wealth...
And NOT a single thing on your list wouldn't put you over the 13K limit by a long way. Thanks for playing... completely DENIED. Try again. You have approx 3750 gp to play with... I'm sure you can figure out something min/maxed to the hilt with that.. Good luck and let me know... and we'll see what can be done.

Tari; Hmmm 4th level and she has a gp wealth of 5700 gp approx. and a 4th level character wealth should be 5400 gp.. Ummm she's Done already.

Jared.... Also... based on what Scott chooses (see below) we may be radically altering your characters anywasy right? So let's see what Scott does and then we can assess your situation... If it's a new character class then 6th level with a 13000 gp limit and approval of items by the DM is where you'll be going... I have no doubt that you could whip a character up in no time flat... that is if you don't already have it! :lol:

NEXT!

Scott: I am happy to report that you got everything, and I mean EVERYTHING that you asked for on the wish list! The bad news? Well you didn't ask for anything.... :roll: :P

Your current gp value is about 9900 gp so look over your options for about 3000 gp and we'll talk...

OR

You can revamp your entire class choice as your treasure...

I've been wanting to talk to you for a couple of weeks about Barr and what you envision for him and make sure you are happy playing the Bard character or if you'd prefer a different class. (Real Life has made that hard to get to you... my bad. sorry)
Here's the deal. If you don't like the Bard/Ranger class.. Jared and I have come up with some options for you from the PHB2 that you have first right of refusal on, that we thought you might like.... (and if you don't take them Jared probably will! He thought I was holding out on him on the one of them (Duskblade)... :twisted: ) They are called the Duskblade or the other is the Beguiler. Duskblade is essentially Arcane/Fighter with some really cool abilities and lack of normal restrictions on armor. A beguiler is a essentially a Bard/Rogue with attitude and cool abilities. These two options would essentially be you keeping Barr in name but changing all 5 levels to one or the other... I have a PHB2 you can borrow to look them over in depth.

OR

I have one other alternative for you, you can take this option as your treasure.

I am not sure if you're interested in it. But Ramney is offering you to become a Harper and taking a level in Harper Scout/Harper Agent as your treasure.... (and those two stack well with the Ranger and Bard characters) .. as you're down behind everyone else in a level that might work well for you.. taking you to a Character Level of 6... or not. Now that leads in to the second part of this deal on this option. If you accept this...then you will also take on the mantle of 'Adventuring Party Leader'... (and if you went with the Duskblade option I would think that should be Barr too). The party leader is defined in PHB2 pg.48 and encompasses what I think the group is lacking... someone to solicit plan ideas and then choose amongst them what the party will do next.

By doing this it's a win/win/win as I see it. You get another level to make up for the lack of logs that has put you behind the XP curve and some cool PrC stuff to work in to your character. The party gets a leader to help give some direction as the magic items that Ramney is passing out are contingent on the group accepting Harper direction and leadership, and this gives me a Harper in the group to lead and direct.

Choose Wisely!

I am posting it all here so that everyone is aware of what I am thinking about... and if you take up the mantle of 'leader' that everyone is agreeable to it. So if anyone has concerns about this... let's talk it over.

Okay..... NEXT!

Jaren:
Azarr has a 20,000+gp amount...... Hmmm.. Let's discuss that....

Some of this is coming from the fact that Azarr is the pack animal for the party of treasure items and booty (no offense to betsy Scott!) So Ramney has also brought all of the items you've stored at the his place in Hap for you to sell in Ashabenford. This you have done and are disbursing the moneys to everyone in the party I assume. (whether you give some to Alteru/Tari and Edynn is up to you) The grand total of selling value is approx. 517 gp for the stuff listed in your items @ Ramneys.

The real culprits ae the Necklace of Adaptation at 9000 gp value and the Brooch of shielding at 1500gp Not to mention the Waraxe, dwarven +1 (Defending)at 8330 gp So... you could sell the Necklace for 50% (4500gp) and disburse that as well. And sell the Brooch of Shielding at 50% at 750 gp and disburse the funds as well ...
The Waraxe you might want to keep and as you and I have discussed you are thinking to swap it out? I could be amenable to having you swap it (instead of selling it at 50% and then having to buy something else, but you need to tell me for what exactly? My thought here is that Haunor.. The dwarven henchman of the potion maker would be so moved by Azarr's vigilance in guarding him whilst he was dead in the temple that he would give you his battleaxe (one more to your liking) as a token of appreciation and Azarr would give him the one he has now in like gesture, thus making you dwarven blood brothers as the ancient and sacred ritual of dwarven clans prescribes.

Let me know what you think, K?

As for the boots.. Well you can take your portion of the proceeds of the selling and see if you can get them... and we'll look at your Character wealth level after all of the above is hammered out, K?

Okay... I think that's everyone? Oh yeah... The DM needs some stuff... I wonder if I should get that new dragon mini........ :twisted:
TheDM
Ranger

Return to General Information