[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - December 2013

December 2013

Campaign Journals for the Characters. Hey, one can hope this gets used...

December 2013

Postby Boric Glanduum » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:49 am

{translated from the Dwarven}

I finally have the time to sit down and put pen to paper. It seems as if the small group of us have been going non-stop since we arrived at Tallin’s tower. The warm bath I had tonight not only cleansed my body, it seems to have loosened my mind sufficiently to allow me to record some thoughts.

This odd assortment of individuals I find myself with has started to gel into a cohesive group. Our tactics are starting to mesh and we are covering each others’ backs. It is, admittedly, a nice feeling, especially after so many years spent alone.

Father would be proud of me, finally, I think. He never did appreciate my skills. But today? Today we all became giant-slayers. I administered the killing blow to at least one of the beasts. We also faced down an ancient white dragon, out-talked him, and lived. Surely that would satisfy a bit of my father’s issues. With the ettin I slew in Newkeep, one could argue that I’ve killed the multiple beasts necessary to earn the title of giant-slayer. Nothing so mundane, however, would help erase my guilt and shame. That will take some greater feat. Helping to bring all those humans back from threatened captivity and death at the hand of cannibals was a good first step, though. Makes my heart-forge ring just a little bit.

I may be able to expand my connections within my chosen profession, though. We brought back with us several sets of fine, giant-sized armor and their weapons. A few pieces may even turn out to be magical. My instincts–and from what I’ve seen in and around Starmantle–tells me that there is nowhere and no one around that could afford this collection. I believe the Hammer and Shield would be interested, however. The High Old One would certainly welcome some of these pieces into his collection. I have sent word, through Tallin to Tymora, about these pieces. The parchment also bears the wax impression of the pin Nalim gave me back in Shadowdale. He said it would serve to identify me; it should also serve to assure Nalim and the High Old One both that I do not exaggerate the value of this treasure. Tallin has agreed to store the collection of armor and arms until we can arrange for their transfer to the Hammer and Shield.

And now? I must take my aching bones and newly-mended flesh to the confines of the soft bed and warm quilt waiting for me. ‘Tis late and I am tired.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Return to Campaign Journals - Dragon Coast Adventures