[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Projector Discussion

Projector Discussion

Anything that strikes your funny bone... D&D or Non-D&D related...

Moderators: Greylen, TheGuys

Projector Discussion

Postby Greylen » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:44 pm

OK guys, this is a quick limited time offer... a possibility we can get a permanent projector for the Game Room.

It would only cost us about $30 apiece. Even I can handle that this month. :)

But like I said, it's a pre-black Friday sale, so we have to act fast. Let me know your thoughts and I'll look at getting it.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Good price, but would this mini-projector really cut it?
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:00 am

Well, from the reviews, it would be iffy. But at the price, 1/3 the cost of anything else nice enough, it might be worth the chance. We can always return it.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Here's one for $99

Postby Just Rob » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:33 pm

Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:17 pm

Interesting, but two issues.

1. 480 x 240 resolution. Ouch.
2. Mini AV jack is the only connection possible.

We might be able to buy an adapter for #2, but the resolution just isn't going to cut it. I think we need at least the 800X600 resolution level to view our maps.

Nice thought though, especially at $99!

I guess we'll keep looking. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Tue May 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Just saw this: and it gave me some ideas, both as to the board and the projector system.

Thoughts?
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Just Rob » Tue May 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Interesting site! If I were to compare (and I am), I would say that I prefer our system to the one they are using. I don't honestly know what I would do without DMGenie - 4e would be the only option I suppose just due to the enormity of the keeping-track-of-data aspect of the game as we currently play it. Pen and paper just wouldn't cut it anymore IMHO.

Letting the DM have a screen with full view while the players get fog of war to see the field has an appeal to it from the DM's view. That may be worth pursuing.

Having a whiteboard surface underneath the map to write on is nice, but I wonder if the glare from the projector wouldn't be too much to handle. There is a compromise with no-easy-draw-on-the-board vs see clearly each pixel of the map. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably keep the high-quality map display. If we could have BOTH, that would be nice . . .

Projector with a mirror idea was very interesting. I wonder how that would work in Lorin's game room and if it would help matters at all. I think if we were able to just get a permanent mountable projector that he could leave up in the room for our game sessions, it would take a lot of the hassle out of the setup for each night. Cost/benefit analysis for the purchase price of a projector that will only be used once a month might put a dent in my idea, but pooling resources as a group can help defray the costs to make it more manageable.

Thoughts presented. Shifting next player to the right ------> (or left. It's all in perspective)
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Return to Fun Stuff