[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Castus Cordis

Castus Cordis

Character stories for the start of the new module, Tomb of Horrors

Castus Cordis

Postby Greylen » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:27 pm

My parents, living the lives of the Cordis family (meaning pure heart in the ancient tongue), regaled me with stories since I was a child of the places they explored, leading me to become an Inquisitor following in their footsteps. I learned from them that there is nothing like seeking the truth and bringing it to light in this world where so much darkness and evil abound. The Adventurer's Scion that they encouraged me to be as I grew to be a Shadowbane Inquisitor from my paladin's lineage has led me on many adventures, but none as needing of my skills and faith as the Tomb of Horrors that they attempted to explore, but nearly destroyed them. They prayed that I would never attempt to follow in their footsteps and bring to light the creatures that dwell in darkness there, hiding their evil from the lives of the living, but somehow they knew that my following of the light I seek in my path would draw me to come and investigate the tomb of darkness that stood in their way in spite of their success in nearly every other adventure they sought to complete. I hope they will not know that I have attempted to go where they did not succeed in their lives of pure hearts, but I am committed to bring this tomb to light and reduce the darkness abiding there to a new light that the rest of the world can comprehend and not be stricken by as those that dwell there are diminished by my seeking of honor and eternal life. Where they did not succeed, I will - with the aid of all that is good in this world - bring life to overcome all that this evil and destroy it. And my family with recover from the evil that seeks to destroy that which is good with my life's example and my parents' teachings - and we will triumph . . . together.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Return to Character Backgrounds - Tomb of Horrors