[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - January 2012

January 2012

Planning for our game days

Moderator: Greylen

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm always good for smoked meat.

And I'll throw 1,000 XP Rob's way if it will help his back. And a Potion of Cure Serious Wounds.

**I need to know ASAP, though, which campaign we're looking at. If Troy will be at the helm, Boric needs to be tightened up still, and I have some painting to do as well, pre-session.**

And yes, I --DO-- realize that it's all about me. :D :D
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Zanther » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 am

13th is looking good for me.
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Postby Ghostwheel » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:37 am

The sleeper has awakened!!!

Troy said he's DM'ing, but he didn't post. slacker.

Rob, you able to make it?
Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Postby Boric Glanduum » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:08 pm

For all those who did not get the message: Rob just texted me to say that he'd been at the neurosurgeon's today for his back....
He is scheduled for back surgery next Wednesday, Jan. 11. In his words: "Looks like I'm going to be the party pooper for Jan game night. Sorry."

Of course, he follows that up with "I guess that last dragon was a little tougher than I thought!"

So, we have a scapegoat, it appears: Rob's back trouble is ALL Troy's fault, apparently. :D :twisted:
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Yep! I'm a slacker... a very busy slacker.

Postby TheDM » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:35 pm

So... where does that put us?

:?:
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Just Rob » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:26 pm

The fates have aligned. You have a night you can get together. I will be two days out of surgery when you play. I doubt my powers of recovery (and no good clerics around for instant healing these days!) will be enough to tough out sitting in a chair at a table for a few hours, no matter how badly I want to be there. Or how good the food smells. . . or the company . . . or killing DRAGONS . . .

I'd say - go on without me. Either play me with my character file, or Troy creatively take me out for a while (anyone feel like being unconscious in the hold of a sinking ship receiving mouth to mouth with a flying purple lizard with rat breath?).

One kind of out-there option could be to use something like Skype to give me a virtual seat at the table. I don't know if that is a technical possibility or if it would disrupt the game flow for everyone else that would make it not worth the effort by lessening the fun of the get-together, but I throw it out there as an option if there is a chance that it could work.

Either way, I hope you'll all get together and have fun. And please, don't wait too long before finding another date to work in.

Thanks,

The Paladin with Lower Back Negative Energy
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:35 am

Technically, setting up a Skype session for you, Rob, would be simplicity itself... IF we can get a camera setup. :D

I think I might have one I can bring. Let's see what we can do, since you'll be needing some cheering up during your recovery, I'm sure.

So they aren't doing a back fusion are they? I hope it's just a micro discectemy, or something much less invasive. *nods*
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Yes, it is a microdiscectomy, so it isn't anticipated to take too long to recover from. They want me to begin walking and moving around (cautiously) within two days of the surgery. We'll see where it goes from there.

On second thought, don't worry about looking into a "virtual seat" at the table for me. I think it is logistically too big to realistically work out in just a few days and I can foresee that it could be a real pain in the butt (not my back, necessarily!) for everyone to accommodate. I think it's just best to not worry about it, but maybe think about it for a future date if a similar occurrence were to happen to one of us. Issues with needing to move the camera to show the map, the other players, etc. seems a little too much to have to worry about, right?

For anyone (not the squeamish) who want to know more about this kind of back surgery, you can check this out:

DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU HAVE NIGHTMARES!!!
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Ghostwheel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:31 am

not a logistical problem at all Rob.

I have a web cam that hasn't even been cracked out of the box. can be set up very quickly and skype session is easy.

let us know if you feel up to it. not a problem at all.
Ghostwheel

Postby Greylen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:30 am

Glad to hear that, Rob. I had one of those after my accident in 2000... You'll be fine. :D

The decision to Skype or not can be a game day decision, it's that easy to setup. So concentrate on getting better and well call you that day to see if your up for it.

Good luck. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Ghostwheel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:12 pm

I think we have the video thing licked.

how about food? would it be easier to do the Papa Murphy's thing?
Ghostwheel

Postby Greylen » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:34 pm

I was expecting it to be at my place when I created the food schedule, Joel. If you just want to trade me this time around, that would probably be easiest.

Considering we are getting out of work and heading directly up to your place, I'm fine with the easier.

Let me know if trading works for you. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Ghostwheel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 am

Papa Murphy's it is!

any requests? 5-meat stuffed, chicken garlic, etc?

There will likely be some lane closures on I-15 tomorrow until 5pm. Legacy highway may be a better route. check traffic when you guys are on the way.
Ghostwheel

Postby Zanther » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 am

5 meat stuffed....the stuff dreams are made of.
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Postby Greylen » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Oh yes, and the Garlic Chicken is heaven as well... almost any of their specialties are awesome. lol

Joel, would you post up your address again, to make sure we all have it. Most of us are driving separate, due to leaving directly from work. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Session Calendar Planning