[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - October 2014 (~~) 8-x @-)

October 2014 (~~) 8-x @-)

Planning for our game days

Moderator: Greylen

October 2014 (~~) 8-x @-)

Postby Just Rob » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:42 am

Looks like the question before any of us look at our calendars is "Could I be DM for an adventure?" Once that decision is made by each of us, we need to post here and collectively decided on where we need new characters, old characters , ones we want to resume or what? We need to get that far to decide on if we are getting together for this month. Let use know please?
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Re: October 2014 (~~) 8-x @-)

Postby Greylen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:50 pm

I don't mind DMing again, at least until someone else can get an adventure up and running. :)

I had more adventures planned, so it wouldn't be too hard to dust them off.

But I Certainly don't mind being the player either. :D
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:53 pm

I suppose I'm able to do so. Whether you guys can tolerate me as a DM would be another question.

Yet another question would be: could my health handle it? Frankly, I'm under a LOT of stress right now in Real Life, and they think it's a factor for my two hospital visits last month. Whether I can add "game prep" to that list or not remains to be seen.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Just Rob » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Zanther » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:12 am

I personally would hate to see a break in the game play. I am a firm believer in the Newton's first law of motion. In this case inertia is a good thing. As for who will DM that's up in the air. I think any of us could, and I think most of us would even like to or like DMing. It is schedules and real life that is the problem so if you are in the mood for unlimited power and control over the universe post up and lets keep the ball rolling. :D
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Postby Boric Glanduum » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 pm

By no means do I wish to see a break in play. Not at all, and nothing of my prior post should be construed as such. My stresses ARE relieved by the game, and, in that respect I wish we could play each weekend.

That is ridiculous thinking...at least until we're all independently wealthy.

I'm simply saying that, right now, the stresses are too much for me to take the Screen. That's all. Let's get a lunch or play date scheduled ASAP.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Since I have a little more discretionary time and you all already have your characters created for that previous adventure, why don't I take this month. Honestly, the campaigns are broken up into pretty small vignettes and it wouldn't be a big deal to work up the next step, since it was already planned. :D

The problem is a weekend to do it... the only Friday left that I can do it is the 24th. Anyone free for that day?
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Well as it is October and we all know what that means, Hunting season. As such I will be gone the rest of the month. but feel free to get together if you can. Sorry. October is always a bad month for me.
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Postby Just Rob » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:48 pm

I can do the 24th and that's it for October.
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Theylan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:17 am

Sorry, my daughter has a concert I’ll be attending and it’s my son’s b-day. My apologies as Oct was shot from week one and I’ve been a poor communicator. I’m going to copy this email as a post. I just got caught up on the threads but wanted to send this out the most visible way possible.
I agree with Scott and Jaren about inertia. Let’s keep this object in motion. I have to admit I do feel a sense of relief in not being behind the screen. I think like all of us life is catching me with the demands of the new Job and other responsibilities I’m feeling a bit stressed and just being able to play is helpful when it comes. I thought the new position at work would mean more time at home and less stress. I find I’m traveling almost as much and more demands in leading a team, I think the learning curve is greater than I had anticipated. Lorin thanks for taking the screen and Rob I would look forward to being a player in a campaign of yours anytime.

May I suggest Chow’s this week. Say Thursday? My Friday is shot.

For November I’m traveling 2 weeks in that month plus there is thanksgiving. The 14th looks like the best day.
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Just Rob » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:29 am

I'm out of town on Nov. 14th. Going on a cruise with Joylynn for our once in a few years vacation during that week.
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:58 am

As far as I can tell, 11/21 will work for me. I think I could also wrangle the day after Thanksgiving as well. (I haven't run this past the wife yet....) I wanted to get that possibility out there first and see if there's any interest in a post-Turkey day dragon roast.
Boric Glanduum

Return to Session Calendar Planning