[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - And the MS Turns...

And the MS Turns...

Anything you want to share from your pseudo-real lives goes here.

Moderator: Greylen

And the MS Turns...

Postby Greylen » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:00 pm

Hey guys, talking with Jaren today, I realized I hadn't let anyone really know what has been happening with me. Granted, I've been hoping the situation would change, but it looks like I'm in for the long haul.

My eye-sight is having trouble. I see double right now and the effort to focus to read, program, etc... is causing major migraines. Just try unfocusing your eyes to see double. That's the effort it is for me to bring things into focus.

Anyway, after awhile, with the migraine and double vision, my eye-sight just blanks out.

I am home right now, trying to work, but getting little done. It is all very annoying. :evil:

This is an MS attack. I've had a huge infusion of steriods that has made things actually worse for now... BUT that is actually a good sign that things will heal soon.

Soon is relative, however, and it could be tomorrow or a month before I see normally again. Please keep me in your prayers that it actually WILL get better. :)

Thanks guys and take care. I thought I should let you all know.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Ghostwheel » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:19 pm

not cool.

definitely in thoughts and prayers.

:pale:
Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Postby TheDM » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:15 pm

I am sorry to hear that Lorin. That totally sucks rocks. I hope your situation improves and you will be in our thoughts an prayers.
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:30 pm

UPDATE:

Well guys, my vision is getting worse. Or in the least my eyes are getting too tired to focus for more than about 5 min. at a time.

I am now on full-time disability. I am still working as I can, but only ansering emails and taking calls. Hopefully it changes soon.

Ya'll take care and I'll keep ya posted. :)

Lorin
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby TheDM » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:53 pm

How are things Lorin? Haven't had a chance to call and talk to you, sorry... been dealing with flooding, kitchen install and Central Air install all at the same time with of course normal work thrown in, but compared to what you are dealing with, that's a cake walk.
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:30 am

It's same 'ol stuff. Eyesight continues to worsen and anything with reading, etc. is extremely limited. What a pain it is.

Better than some things, worse than others. :P
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby TheDM » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:28 pm

FYI I talked with Lorin on Friday and he said the migraines and light sensitivity that he was experiencing is diminishing but the double vision remains.

Hopefully the lessening of the other symptoms means that the double vision will diminish soon and leave.

Hang in there Lorin!
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:57 am

Good news guys... the trend continues and I am able to concentrate and read a little longer each week.

The eyes are still seeing double, but I have increased hope that this too will pass. :)

Thanks for all the prayers guys.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 pm

Whew... it's been a long haul on this one. Still going too.

I am definitely a bit down, but thanks to good friends, family and every project I can do without perfect vision, I'm hanging in there.

Eyesight has not returned, though I am still able to focus better. Hopefully it will end soon.

Different meds, exersize, testing, it's all been done. Now it's in the Lord's hands, where it's been all this time. I've done all I can do.

Keep in touch.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:20 am

Well, I've had my first infusion today of Tysabrie.

Tysabrie is the MS drug that was proven 70% effective in stopping new lesions and has even shown to have a lessening of symptoms for current ones.

It's also the one that was linked to 3 cases of PMI... a rare brain infection that is invariably a death sentence. BUT, it seems those were specific cases of multiple treatments conflicting... keep your fingers crossed.

The infusion went great. No side-effects so far, though i am a bit tired today. So again, keep you fingers crossed that it will have the desired effect of healing my eyes. :)

To be honest, I feel the reason my eyesight has lasted as long as it has, was to get me on this drug and protect my while I went through H**L on the last one.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know, since it's the first positive step forward for a long time.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Crossing Fingers...

Postby TheDM » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:38 pm

Fingers Crossed! :wink:

I'm not liking the 'death sentence' scenario all that much...
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Fingers AND toes crossed.

and I have to agree as well...that whole "brain infection"/"death sentence" bit? Let's pass.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Theylan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:26 pm

Good luck buddy.
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Zanther » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:17 pm

Keep us posted on how it goes. Keep Positive.
Zanther

Postby Greylen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:27 pm

OK guys, I've had my second infusion and it looks like I am definitely on the right track.

My right eye is almost focused and while I do still have double vision, I am able to cover the left eye and work a little longer without excessive eye strain. :D

Hopefully, I will be back to work by the first part of January.

Thanks for all the prayers. It will be good to get back to normal life... at least as normal as it ever gets anymore. :P
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Next

Return to Real Life