[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Game Room UPDATE!!

Game Room UPDATE!!

Anything you want to share from your pseudo-real lives goes here.

Moderator: Greylen

Game Room UPDATE!!

Postby Greylen » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:27 pm

Hey guys, good news on the Game room.

Thanks to Jared and Jaren, we were able to get the whole floor framed out today and I should have the floor finished by Monday.

From there, it is a matter of framing the walls, installing the wiring for the extra plugs, putting up the wall board, setting the ceiling and painting. :D :lol:

So there is plenty to do if anyone has any time.

You are more than welcome to stop by anytime during the week, just call first. I will also be doing this again on Saturday. If we get enough interest, I would love to have everyone over for a potluck that evening.

I think that we should have everything pretty well finished by the end of the day Saturday. Probably on the finishing will be left to do.

Thanks again Jaren and Jared. It really made a difference having your help today.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:58 pm

Well guys, the game room continues to take shape.

I've got the floor completely in and one of the walls actually completely FRAMED!! :D We had a family wall raising today... lol

I'll probably have everything framed and ready to wallboard by Saturday. I've also decided to put in a new breaker box. The current one is full and I just need a few more circuits than are available. This may put me a few days behind, but shouldn'y significantly stop the process.

I could still use help, so let me know if you have any time available.

Until next time.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:22 pm

Great news. I've got the game room completely framed in!!

It's coming along.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

That's Awesome!

Postby TheDM » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:31 pm

That's awesome! I wish I had more free time to come and help, but I'm staring at another securities exam and a ton of house projects that desperately need my attention so I'm not sure when I'll be available, if some free time opens up, I'll see what I can do.
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:04 pm

That would be great Troy. We are meeting again on Saturday at 10:00 AM to do some more work.

We would love to have you here for whatever time you can spare. :)

Right now the room is taking shape so quickly, the finishing work SHOULD be all that's left at the end of our work time on Saturday.

The finishing work may be awhile, however. With mudding the wallboard, painting, installing the Projector, etc. There is just a lot to do.

The nice thing is we can use the room before everything is finished, but it would probably be better to wait. :P

Thanks.

Oh and Troy, let me know what numbers I can reach you at... all my numbers are expired. :lol:
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:33 pm

Well, Saturday didn't go quite as expected... :P

About 15 min. in to the project, a insulation rod fell out of one of the struts and nailed Scotty right in forehead, then bounced into his right eye... :(

It was a 1 in a million shot, since he was wearing safety glasses. In fact, Jaren and I determined that it was a natural 20, with a crit, damage rolled... 1 :D

Scotts OK, though he's not happy to have to wear a patch and put in eye drops. Send lots of goodies when you read this to make sure he's doing even better.

So, as it stands, we got 1/2 the ceiling done and most of the final structure to vault the ceiling. As well, I finished the wiring for the ceiling fan and ceiling plug.

I can finish most of the rest myself, though I'll need some help with the ceiling stlll.

Call if you can spare any time Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Friday day is an option as well, just let me know if you have it off and can do anything.

As for Saturday, if you do have time, I won't turn away the help. :) Make sure you get your calendars down for December 1st, though. I think the room should be ready for occupation.

Thanks again to those who have helped. It has been very appreciated.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:11 am

Well, it's done... the inner-wall board that is... lol

Not only is it done, but the first mudding is complete and the second will be done Monday.

At that point I will be ready to PAINT! :D

If anyone can help on Monday, please call. I need to get things moved around and Jenn can't lift some of the cabinets.

Thanks guys.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:45 am

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Greylen » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:45 pm

Magic? Who needs Magic?