[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - B-47 Lecture (was: March 29, 2008)

B-47 Lecture (was: March 29, 2008)

Anything you want to share from your pseudo-real lives goes here.

Moderator: Greylen

B-47 Lecture (was: March 29, 2008)

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:00 pm

I want to throw out an invitiation to all of you.

My father was a pilot/navigator in the Air Force in, among other aircraft, the B-47, and was in SAC for a time. This was back between the 50s and 60s.

On March 29, 2008 (yes, that's the date of the next session) he has been invited to speak at the Air Force Museum at Hill Air Force Base. He will be discussing the aircraft and some of his experiences. I was unaware of this, but apparently the Museum puts these little talks on every few weeks/months.

The talk starts at 1:00 p.m. and will run about an hour. I've heard a lot of his stories and some of them are pretty spectacular; all are fairly interesting.

Entrance to the Museum is free of charge. I'm planning on taking the family up a couple hours early to walk through the exhibits. If you haven't been up there, they have some SPECTACULAR airplanes: everything from the Wright Flyer to an SR-71 Blackbird and just about everything in between from all different eras of flight. I know my boys are going crazy with anticipation.

With it being only an hour long presentation, I'm anticipating making it back in plenty of time to drop the family off and game my brains out that night. I'm sure my dad would be glad to see anyone there.

You can find out more, including directions at
Last edited by Boric Glanduum on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:05 pm

I LOVE the Hill Airforce Base museum. I will find out if we can make it as well.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm interested, sounds great. Will talk to wife about it.
Zanther

Postby Just Rob » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:13 pm

We'll see what we can do. Sounds interesting.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:14 pm

OK, men. Bad news...potentially.

My uncle passed away just two hours ago. One of my dad's younger brothers. While final plans are still, obviously, being made, the funeral may take place on Saturday.

If it does, my father has said that he will--of course--cancel his talk at Hill AFB.

I will keep you all up to date. There is a chance the funeral will need to be next week to allow all of my father's family to gather from across the country. I just wanted to give you a heads-up so that if you were going to try and go on Saturday, you didn't go up to hear my dad and have him not there. Like I said, I will post here as soon as I know more.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Ghostwheel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 am

Sorry to hear about the loss Jaren. that sucks.
Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Postby Boric Glanduum » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:34 am

Boric Glanduum

Postby Boric Glanduum » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:42 pm

Boric Glanduum

Postby Boric Glanduum » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:09 pm

My father has finally been able to reschedule his talk at Hill Air Force Base. It will be on Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 1:00 p.m. at the Air Museum on base.
Again, you're all welcome to come and hear his experiences; it should be about an hour.
Directions, etc. are at the top of the post, if necessary.
Boric Glanduum

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Reminder: My dad's talk is this Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 1pm at the HAFB Air Museum.

I know he'd be honored to have you there!
Boric Glanduum

Return to Real Life