[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Can we just forget about this one?

Can we just forget about this one?

Anything you want to share from your pseudo-real lives goes here.

Moderator: Greylen

Can we just forget about this one?

Postby Just Rob » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 pm

I just finished watching the BYU-Utah "game" (ok, so it wasn't much of a game!). Can we just pretend this one didn't take place? I know my memory is shoddy anyway, but I can't remember such a shellacking of BYU in a loooong time. I give credit to Utah - they really capitalized on their opportunities. But it wasn't even much of a challenge! Just wait for the next time a BYU player flubs up . . . won't take long for the next one to come along . . . oh, look here, I have the ball in my hands! I think I'll just run it in for yet another touchdown! Rivalry? Not this year! Utah arrived in the stadium and found no one home.

Jared, were you in attendance at the game? If so, how long did you manage to sit it out?

Oh, the razzing that is going to go on for this one!

As a player, how do you put this behind you??? I wonder . . .
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Not having cable, and being extremely busy that day, I only caught the half-time report and the first few minutes of the 3rd quarter.

From the report, neither team showed up for the first half.

Even thought I'm a UofU fan, I am glad I wasn't at this game. It's like my 4-yr-old's soccer games. His team gets the ball, then scores. Almost every time. After a while, you cheer for the other team to make a goal...

I do feel bad for the senior bunch this year at BYU. Everyone else on the team can try and make up for it next year... they have to live with that game as their final forever... ouch.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:27 pm

1988 was the last shellacking of similar quality. I was present on the front row for that one.

Don't worry.... I'll try not to fumbl....I mean, rub it in too much. I'd get in heaps of trouble, even if it was a win-win situation.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Return to Real Life