[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - News from Tartarus

News from Tartarus

Anything you want to share from your pseudo-real lives goes here.

Moderator: Greylen

News from Tartarus

Postby Just Rob » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:02 pm

I know - we thought they were dead, but I have honed my speak with dead skills and have verified that they want to come back . . . er, they aren't dead. Scott sent me an email verifying that his autoresponder to queries about his demise is indeed functioning at work, so at least we know his email is still operative. He promises to post up soon.

Jared gave me a call to let me know how hectic his schedule is and said he will be posting up soon too. It is good to know that we don't have funerals or issues with male menopause to deal with for the absence of our dearly beloved friends. Life goes on!
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:11 pm

Ha! Very funny post, Rob. Good to hear you heard from them. :)
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:47 pm

I thought I would just attach my message here in Rob’s post.

Got a call from Lorin yesterday inquiring about me, he left a message suggesting I post up something…I then got an e-mail from Rob wondering if I was still alive. Note to all, yes I still am among the land of the living.

But as is sometimes the case in life I am feeling a bit thin. As in “too little butter spread over breadâ€
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Postby Just Rob » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh, Scott! I feel so bad for you, and I'm so sorry for what you and your family are going through. It's not easy to understand someone until you walk a mile in their shoes, and it sounds like your burdens are especially heavy right now. I don't know that there is anything directly we can do to help relieve you of your burden right now, but at the very least you have our moral support. Anything more you need, you have only to ask.

I wonder if we have turned a corner. Have we gotten to the point where it isn't practical to expect that we can make a monthly or every 2 months get together? Families grow up and needs change and often increase. Maybe the band of brothers will have to resort to an occasional lunch or a family barbeque? I just don't know. I get a lot of benefit out of being able to just be with "the guys" when it happens - it helps center me and keep me with something outside of myself to look forward to. But maybe that just won't be practical anymore. Maybe having a bunch of 40/near 40 year-old guys get together for a full night of D&D won't be an option when there are so many wives, kids, and activities competing for attention?

Sorry, guys. You know me. Just being bi-polar again. Probably making a big deal out of nothing. I just had to get this out. Ignore it if you think it doesn't need any comment. I'm used to that. I hate being insensitive.

Again, sorry for what you're going through, Scott (and Jared). I really feel for you and wish I knew something I could do to help make it better.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:06 am

Hey Scott, it is good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles your having and I hope you know any of us would be there in a heartbeat if you need it.

We'll look forward to your coming back in the meantime.

Rob, everyone IS busy. A lot of things competing for our attention, but we shouldn't just give up our striving to get together. Once we do that, it's far too easy to just let everything else take over.

I get a lot out of having everyone over once a month. D&D is just the vehicle to some fun and silliness that is different than anything else we all do each month.

So, we keep trying. We post up and keep meeting whenever possible.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Zanther » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:37 pm

I whole heartly agree with Lorin.. :D
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:41 am

Scott...I echo what Rob said: know that you've got us out here and we have your back. Know that our prayers and thoughts are with you. If you need anything, just feel free to call and ask.

As for the rest, I need to echo Lorin's sentiment. Everyone is busy, but there just happen to be those months when all the stars align and it's just impossible to get together. I think the idea has been floated that those that CAN get together just get together for a night of root beer, pretzels, and some other kind of game (perhaps even a one-off D&D adventure) so that steam can still be blown. We as 40-somethings are certainly busy and live stress-filled lives, but speaking for myself, this guys' night out is one of the only things I have "for myself" every month; it's my one shot at selfishness, so to speak, and I will hang on to that like grim death.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:54 am

Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Ghostwheel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:32 am

Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Postby Boric Glanduum » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:37 pm

"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Return to Real Life