[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Diseased! Unclean!

Diseased! Unclean!

Anything you want to share from your pseudo-real lives goes here.

Moderator: Greylen

Diseased! Unclean!

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 am

I'm sorry, my friends, if I've missed anything important the last few days. I have not been at my computer since Friday afternoon.

You see, beginning at 2:00 a.m. Saturday morning, I spent the rest of the day Saturday worshiping the porcelain gods. At one point I'm pretty sure I saw my shoes come out of my mouth.

You're welcome, by the way.

I felt human enough to take care of my Sunday church-going responsibilities, and then, Sunday night, I felt an unfortunately-familiar stabbing pain in my right eye when I looked at any light source. Over the course of an hour it grew steadily worse and confirmed my fears.

Pink-eye.

I don't know how or why, or what I've done to deserve this. No-one who hasn't suffered from pink-eye can truly understand the blinding pain. I'm only now able to ride the train into work and (sort-of) gaze at a dimmed computer screen in my dark office one-eyed from behind my prescription sunglasses. It's a nice look. Not to mention the gauze pad wedged between my eye and my glasses to catch the indiscriminate weeping from the pain.

And I'm only at the office today to meet with an angry client. Who, by the way, as I'm typing this called to reschedule until next week. Grr.

:pukeleft: Hopefully you'll forgive my absence. :pukeright:
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Greylen » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:26 am

Not to be insensitive to your pain, buddy, but your post made me laugh... in a sympathetic sort of way, mind. :D :cyclopsani:
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Just for that....

by , on Flickr

(OK, slightly photo-shopped, but you get the idea.)
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Just wanting to contribute!

Postby Just Rob » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Here is my take on this unfortunate situation.

[edited to provide click-able links]

Here is Jaren's eye:

Here's what happen when you make him REALLY angry!

Last edited by Just Rob on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:42 pm

Links didn't come through, Rob. :lol:
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Just Rob » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 pm

They show up on my computer. Could there be filtering going on at work?

[edited original post to provide url links to the pictures. If you can't see, click!]
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Ghostwheel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:09 am

Can't help it. made me think of this question and answer. bonus if you know the title!

Q Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid or something? A Oh no. It's just they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.â€
Buckle up Bonehead. 'Cause you're goin' for a ride!
Ghostwheel

Postby Greylen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Princess Bride and the REALLY sad thing, is I can picture Wesley on the back of Fessig (Andre the Giant) as he's saying it... Arrrgggg. :lol:
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

Postby Boric Glanduum » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 am

Sleep well, my friend, and dream of large women.
Boric Glanduum

Return to Real Life