[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - My bariatric surgery

My bariatric surgery

Anything you want to share from your pseudo-real lives goes here.

Moderator: Greylen

My bariatric surgery

Postby Just Rob » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Hey, guys. I told you I would update you about my gastric bypass surgery that I had on Monday, September 19th. The surgery went well and I stayed overnight in St. Mark's hospital so they could make sure that things went well. Unfortunately, on Tuesday when I made it home, some of the stuff I started taking like oral pain medication and other clear foods started making me vomit, so the doctor told me to try to stay hydrated and if it continued into the next day to check into the emergency room and get hydrated and get a ct scan to see if there was anything else going on that we might need to be concerned about. On Wednesday, I threw up again and the doctors office told me to go into the emergency room. I had my daughter take me and they hooked me up to 3 I.V. saline bags and had me go in for a ct scan. They didn't find anything and after being there all day they discharged me and told me to go home and drink lots of liquids, so that is where I am now. I'll keep you all updated here and let you know if there is anything else that you might need to know about. ~x(
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Re: My bariatric surgery

Postby Boric Glanduum » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Get well and stay well, brother. Let us know if we can do anything. Meanwhile, thoughts and prayers headed your way.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Postby Zanther » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:51 am

Hang in there Rob. This things can be real trials, you can don hard things.
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Postby Just Rob » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi guys! Thanks for your great comments and well wishes!

I got admitted to the hospital on Thursday and they did a scope on me and found a pill that had lodged in my digestive tract that was causing the nausea and vomiting. Once my doctor was able to take care of the blockage, I stopped being so sick through this process. He did decide to keep me overnight and I have spent Thursday night and Friday night in the hospital so they could watch me and make sure I was getting better. I was able to be released and came home around noon today (Saturday) and have been feeling much better. I think ultimately this experience will be a positive one for me and will help me make some great changes to my life. I'll look forward to seeing you all again and start seeing some changes in my life. Hope you all are well and things are going well for you. I'll be in touch!
"Dragon? Did someone say dragon?"
Jason Ironheart
Just Rob
Ranger

Postby Zanther » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Great to hear Rob. At least the doctor did not go "hey here are my keys, I thought I left them in my other patient." :D
Save the Gnome! Save the World!
Zanther

Return to Real Life