[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
D&D Discussions • View topic - Campaign log for November 06

Campaign log for November 06

Character only applicatons accepted

Campaign log for November 06

Postby Theylan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:37 pm

The shock finally subsided and I felt incredibly cold. The air is just frigid. Tari was alright now and looking more herself with bow in hand and eyes moving about. She seemed to glance up more often than normal but that is understandable. We continued our decent when a cackling voice from below ushered on some fowl beasts, more of the floating globes with tentacles, these appeared to be smaller. We told Azaar to keep the pace downward and we all began to launch arrows into the floating orbs. Four of them continued their ascent while we shot right past them. We managed to eliminate all four of them before we hit the ground. I hit the solid surface quickly moving about the blackened iced rock. I could see nothing until I reached the other side and then I noticed rising above a figure attempting to go out the way we came in. I shouted to the others to assist me as I loosed an arrow. Tari was the first to arrive shooting into the darkness. If we didn’t get light soon we would never be able to see what we were aiming at. Barr recognized our predicament and sent four flying orbs of light racing past the enemy. Pillin began to call upon the power of nature but was interrupted as the world around us went eerily silent. It made little difference to me and I signed to Tari to keep shooting. Soon we were all launching whatever we could into the robed figure until he came crashing down without any sound. Corwin was a little disturbed by his soundless death and wished that it had made more noise. Demented priest it does not matter what sound one makes when one dies just so long as it is not a scream of acquiescence.

We checked through the body for any items of import and found more symbols, a dagger, a purple robe. We took what was important and went looking about. After some frustration in trying to open a door and activate the symbols on the floor we decided to plug the hole with clothes from the body. And take the body up the platform with us and drop him so that Corwin would be satisfied it made some noise.

We decided we must return to the priests in Ashabenford and share what we discovered. After discussing things with Ramney it’s decided that Tari and I are supposed to investigate a possible connection at the Inn. I’ve been attempting that but have not had any response from the internet plane regarding such NPC’s. Perhaps the series of 9 and 10 tests have disabled the communication link to that plane. I’ll pay it no mind and continue forth until I am successful. 

We’ve been informed that the temple we seek is south west of here and once we’ve exhausted our investigation in Ashebenford then Tari and I intend to advance the cause of nature and look into the problems with the temple.
Theylan
Ranger

Postby Greylen » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:04 pm

Well, so much for stealth. It seems we lack in the ability to spot danger before it spots us.

Oh well, Despite the freezing cold and the absolute unnaturalness of the surroundings, it's not so bad.

Our remaining time on the platform was short, as we battled more of the tentacled horrors, but Azar soon had us on the floor. I sent Aon to scout, while I did the same on the other side, with our new elf friends, Tari and Trea.

The only thing to report after that was the nice short-sword I pulled off the cleric we litterally shot out of the air. He kept interrupting my spells, but everyone else did a little better.

Back at Abshenford, we check in with the local clergy and found a friend had dropped by as well. Ramney was back.

Talking with him, it seems our mission has finally been brought clear. The Temple is well known to all protectors of nature, as it's very essence is that of destruction and chaos.

As Ramney and I walked to the local Druidic circle to retrieve the ancient artifacts, I could see he was quite worried. For good reason it seems. As we entered the circle, again it felt 'odd' and the local druid was no-where to be found... as were the artifacts.

It seems we must press on quickly, since our enemies may have reaquired them.
Magic? Who needs Magic?
-Greylen Dragonslayer
Greylen
Site Admin

I had hoped for more....

Postby TheDM » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:22 pm

I had hoped for more....

more time to do this in a nice PBEM with everyone
more time to post it up nice for everyone
more time I didn't have... Sorry... I'll get better with it...

So instead, in the interest of making sure everyone is up to speed as fast as possible and all on the same page as we begin the gameplay...

Here's the quick and dirty recap of what happens to each of you as you went about your seperate ways and then came back together at Ramney's brother's potion makers shop. (other things than what is described in here can have happened if you want to say you've done something else as well)

Lorin:
Pilin and Ramney went to the Druid's Grove to retrieve the artifacts from the keep at Galath's Roost and the big inverted spike area of the dungeon that were entrusted to the Druid Jaroo. There is no sign of Jaroo, but there is a bear laying sniffing at the ground with a young man there weeping. The boy identifies himself as Jaroo's apprentice and that Jaroo had been acting very strangely the last half year or so and he just thought it was the old Druid becoming senile or volatile like the weather can be... The bear is Jaroo's animal companion... The boy has found, because the bear dug it up, the body of Jaroo and it looks like it has been decomposing for quite some time. The boy has determined that the bear has been staying away from the grove and is just now taking advantage of the 'Jaroo' you gave the artifacts to being away to poke around.

Ramney is greatly disturbed when he gets more information about what the scroll that you relate it's findings as you recall... (seeing as you turned it over to 'Jaroo' along with everything else) says about the artifacts being used for some foul ritual and the end of the world and starts mumbling something about Flight of Dragons and Sammaster in a self questioning manner...... :shock:

You spend some time consoling the poor boy and perhaps promising to return some day and take him as an apprentice?

NEXT!

Joel:
Corwin goes back the Inn and quesitons Marisoden more about things...
She gets rather annoyed when you start asking about Chat and the Moathouse and she asks if you've been to the moathouse as Chat is always trying to talk people out of going there or accompanying them if they decide to against his advice. She thinks Chat is a coward and just wants get any treasure there is in the moathouse but fears going there himself or fears someone else going there before him and getting the treasure so he tries to attach himself to any group willing to go there and will probably betray them at the first opportunity if there any signifcant treasure to be had. She also admits that she will flirt with him from time to time but is just stringing him along and it amuses her to flirt as such it's just a game to her to pass the time when things are slow in the inn. (much to the annoyance of the inns owner) She also finds it interesting that everyone is so suddenly interested in Chat, as a couple of wild elves came looking for him just a little while before you came... and thus her annoyance at all the fuss over Chat. She starts to question you about if you've been to the moathouse and why you are asking all these questions of her.... What do you tell her? No matter... you guess that she's pretty sure that you've been to the moathouse even if you deny it and that she's not buying any other story but won't press the matter any further at the moment.... as she says she suddenly remembers a pressing errand she needs to run and quickly departs from the inn.

Next

Jared:
Alteru and Tari go to the inn and ask Marisoden about Chat. She says that she doesn't know where he is and hasn't seen him for a couple of days.... She asks what's all fuss about and seems unconvinced of any answers you try and say or deflect the question... but let's the matter drop. She says that he can usually be found staying with some friends at the mill house if it's pressing business and that she'd be willing to take a message for him if they'd like as she expects he'll be around some time in the near future.... Any other questions you ask she's rather sarcastic about and says that she has work to do....

You overhear some elves and men at arms types in the inn talking about the Drow problem and how the raids seem to be more frequent but not pushing an offensive, more of scouting parties testing the limits and strengths and weaknesses of the surrounding areas. They all seem worried.... some of the elves you overhear say amongst themselves in elven that some are thinking they are sad so many elves listened to the icall of the Retreat because now they have a lot more work ahead of them and the Drow are in Cormanthor is an insult they are just not willing to let stand... You talk with them at length (elves are known to do that when they are talking about elven things) until you decide it's time to leave.

Next!

Sara:
Edynn spends a good deal of her time preparing her spells and looking over the library at the Temple and investigating the previous history as it's known amongst the locals. She also consults in depth with Ramney. She learns a few things and feels that she is on the right track for what she is pursuing. (The rest we've already discussed.)

Next!

Scott:
Barr goes with Azarr and sells the stuff that Ramney has brought along and anything else he wants to sell trying to help him with making sure he doesn't get ripped off on the prices he is offered by helping with appraise on non weapon items. you continue to teach him some dwarven songs that you know and decide it's time to spend a bit of the funds that you've acquired in a local tavern on some well earned refreshments and see if you can hear anything of interest. You hear a song that's sung fairly well that sounds interesting to you...

The Ballad of Emridy Meadows

Harken now to my words of sadness
learn about the downfall of madness
How the sacrifice of one was a boon
for the land of the crowns and the crescent moon
In the days of Emridy meadows

An evil and fearsome power arose
In a house of worship, now avoided by most
It corrupted poor souls, deceiving them all
Intending to bring Cormyr to fall
In the days of Emridy Meadows

Refrain:
Corymry, pearl of the heartland realms
shining jewel of the north
changed your face forevermore
when your prince was to sally forth

Lured to the new god by promise and lies
Many sold their faith, never knowing the price
Held fast in the grasp of insanity
they started a war that should not be
On the fields of Emridy Meadows

While battle raged the darkness grew
Like a chill of winter the northern winds blew,
And the souls of the brave and the hearts of the fair
Soon were filled with doom and despair
On the fields of Emridy Meadows

(Refrain...)

Down came the prince with the valiant heart
His sword split the night cutting deep through the dark
He fought like a titan, an angel of light
And single-handedly turned the tide
That night at Emridy Meadows

Then the morning mists faded and the light of the sun
heralded a peaceful time to come
Still the victory was bitter-sweet
Cause the prince disappeared soon after his deed
That night at Emridy Meadows

(Refrain...)

Oh, Thrommel my lord, what happened that day
Did you abandon us or drown in the fray
Now the nights are long and the days are cold
And people still missing their prince of old
Since the days of Emridy Meadows

(Refrain...)

When you ask the singer about it. He says that there the legend is about a group of knights and paladins from Cormyr that went to destroy a great evil that had arisen in the forest that threatened everyone and that the leader of them was a Duke from Cormyr... 9 of the 12 of them were killed, the Duke, called a prince in the ballad because he was so loved by them all was lost as well as his lieutenant and companion and only one of them actually made it out of the battle after destroying the evil alive to tel the tale... The people from where Duke Thrommel was from were devastated by the loss as was the royal family of Cormyr.

Ask if you have more questions! Bardic knowledge checks are cool...

Next!

Jaren:
Azarr as mentioned above has gone out with Azarr and sold off items and gone to the tavern with him. You also hear a dwarven ballad that Barr sings for you that seems to warm your blood and bring a smile to your face. Unfortunately it loses quite a bit of the flavor and feeling when translated from the pure and mighty language but here's a rough translation in common follows as can best be expected of mere humans:

Here I come,
Mine axe unslung,
Yer head I go to take,
So best ye run.

Battles have I fought,
Mighty foes have I sought.
By the edge of mine blade,
to them death have I taught.

Flee if thy will.
Only to delay mine kill.
For suren enough,
Thy blood will spill.

The rage is upon me.
Defense is folly.
Put away thine weapons,
Cause yer just another body.

Madness in mine eyes gleam.
Point of my spike keen.
None of mine enemies,
Have the next dawning seen.

Yer armor I rip asunder,
With a sound akin to thunder.
Feel my steel,
And yer six feet under.

Yer chest is gonna part,
For mine skill is an art.
Stop will I not,
Till my hands hold yer heart.

Even witches and mages,
With tricks upon thy pages,
Can be found in the ground,
When they trifled with my rages.

Battles have I fought,
Mighty foes have I sought.
By the edge of mine blade,
to them death have I taught.

Flee if thy will.
Only to delay mine kill.
For suren enough,
Thy blood will spill.

Flee if thy will.
Only to delay mine kill.
For suren enough,
Thy blood will spill.

Madness in mine eyes gleam.
Point of my spike keen.
None of mine enemies,
Have the next dawning seen.

Yer armor I rip asunder,
With a sound akin to thunder.
Feel my steel,
And yer six feet under.

Yer chest is gonna part,
For mine skill is an art.
Stop will I not,
Till my hands hold yer heart.

Even witches and mages,
With tricks upon thy pages,
Can be found in the ground,
When they trifled with my rages.

Fear have I none,
Of the deeds thou hast done.
For thee have yet to deal with me,
So here I come!

After putting away far more 'refreshment' than the management of the tavern would care you take but had no problem in taking your coin for you got into an altercation that at first seemed to be smoothed over by Barr but then escalated into quite the fracas... no one was seriously injured but let's just say your purse was a lot less weight in paying for damages... which the men at arms that arrived to break things up accepted as well to let you go on your way.

That's all for now folks.... Let me know if you have any further questions. Please forgive the spelling errors... I'm in a hurry)
TheDM
Ranger

Postby Boric Glanduum » Sat May 19, 2007 2:11 pm

November 18, 2006--session notes

It was getting colder and colder as we descended. Streams of water from the chambers overhead trickled and fell from the top of the black, evil rock. It was becoming apparent that this rock was an enormous pillar; it was also increasingly apparent to me that we could be in serious danger at the bottom of this caurak {cavern} if any foes were laying in wait. Where we were, the air was cold enough that the falling water had turned to a chill, snowy mist. It made it difficult to hold to the ropes, but the thought of falling through the dark was enough motivation to hang tight.

A voice rose from the darkness...followed by four more o' the tentacled creatures. Altiru--the kuldar olv {warrior elf}--called to me: "Dwarf! Faster! Lower us with as much speed as you deem safe." The rope fairly flew through me hands; I was lucky to have me gauntlets, else me skin woulda torn from me hands and wrists. The yauthtil {mechanical elevator} sped past the beasts and me fellows dispatched them quickly, as they were much smaller than the first that had grabbed the she-olv.

The platform jolted, reaching the bottom of the chamber with a harsh sound. Even before the echos had faded, Altiru had leaped over the ropes onto the stone floor. He staggered just a bit as his feet sought purchase on the icy black rock floor. Tari let out a yell; a figure was rising into the darkness, unaided by physical means. The gundlin sang a quick song and sent four orbs of light upwards. I struggled to unsheathe and load me tiltang {crossbow} while all around me arrows and spells flew upward. Strangely, there was no sound; I couldnae even hear me munen {curses}.

‘Twasn't long ‘til the horm {cleric}, as we found him to be, came crashing to the ground. Nyrvald muttered about the horm's soundless death. After searching the corpse and the surrounding area, we decided to strip the body, using the clothes to plug the drain in the bottom of the caurak to flood the chamber. Nyrvald hefted the body over his shoulder and we returned to the yauthtil.

I took a moment to crack me knuckles and stretch me fingers. I looked up into the darkness and couldnae even see the roof of the chamber. Me fellows gathered on the platform; I took a handful o' rope, twisted a length around me arm, and began to pull us upward on a return trip. Nyrvald waited until we were at least two score of feet in the air and he dropped the cleric's corpse into the darkness; as he said, "Just to hear him make some noise."

I chuckled all the way back to town, where we were to meet up with Ramney. All o' Ramney's talkin' made me thirsty. The group decided to split up to get some various personal issues taken care of; Barr and I are goin' to go find some ale.
"Ah, the life of an adventuring cleric. I remember it well. A perpetual struggle to maintain the hit point totals of four or five nigh-suicidal tomb robbers determined to deplete them at all costs."
Boric Glanduum

Return to Campaign Journals - Hap Village Campaign